If already have one of the best waterproof tents that are available in the market then you should make sure that the waterproof coating that is there on the tent remains there for a long period of time increasing the life of your tent and saving you some money as well in the long run. The basics of making waterproofing your tent are:
- Choosing a dry and warm day for the process.
- Thereby cleaning all the relevant parts and letting them dry.
- Next is to seal all the seams properly and cleaning them before you seal them with cleaning agents such as rubbing alcohol.
- Lastly, you can refresh the urethane and DWR coating on the surface and let it all dry.
Besides all this, there are several things that you should consider in order to get the best possible results from your efforts. In order to apply an even and smooth urethane coating, you can lay out the material on a smooth surface and scrub off all the damaged coating that you see. Thereby with the help of proper tools you can apply a coating of the waterproofing gel on the material. Make sure that you do not overdo the coating and let it dry completely as well.
Similarly, you can reapply DWR coating on the outside of the material as well. You start by cleaning the outer surface of the tent and letting it dry before you start with the DWR spraying. You start the spay as you keep the surface even and wipe off any access coat that you see during the process.
Although, you can easily make a tent waterproof there are some other things that you should consider before you go out on your camp.
- You should never rely on the weather as you go for outings. There is no certain way of determining if the weather is going to pleasant throughout the day or it might get stormy in a matter of minutes.
- If you live in harsh weather condition then it is a good option to do more than a single coating on your tent surface. These extra coating can be really healful with harsh weather conditions.
- Lastly, you should double-check your groundsheet before you start with your camping. You should take proper measures to repair any of the damages that you see.